Essential Communications: 2008 - present
Role: Head of Digital Marketing (Team Leader and Web/Digital Project Leader)
What do Essential Communications do? Essential Communications is a PR & Marketing agency with a passion for technology and mobile data. As a focused agency our industry knowledge and relationships are excellent and our clients benefit from the fact that we speak the same language, often to the same people. Our clients typically fall into one of the following categories: Distributors Manufacturers Solution Providers.
Chelford Group: 2005 - 2008 (and Solarsoft)
What do Chelford do? Chelford delivers highly competitive solutions by focusing on the specific needs of key target markets including: Manufacturing, Distribution, Financial Services and the Public Sector. Chelford Group companies hold key strategic partnerships with SAP, Microsoft (Gold Certified Partner), Oracle, IBM, HP and Intermec (Premier Honours Partner).
Experience at Chelford
- Designed and implemented websites for www.solarsoft.com, www.ssi-world.com, www.chelfordsolutions.com, www.chelford-sfm.com, www.agilitysystems.co.uk, www.rfidsolutioncentre.com and became webmaster
- Increased traffic at these sites due to techniques applied to the website structure, coding and search engine optimisation.
- Marketing Collateral
- Designed new marketing collateral for Chelford Group companies including templates for datasheets, case studies, press releases and powerpoint slides.
- Contact Management System:
- Implemented and customised Microsoft CRM 3.0 for the Chelford Group for teams of users at 3 sites in the UK.
- Created training materials for staff and ran training courses on both a group and one-to-one basis as appropriate.
- Now provide administration and support for all of the users of the Microsoft CRM system including bug analysis and fixing.
- Perform mass data extraction and cleansing using SQL, Excel, Access and Microsoft CRM Import Manager.
- Developed automatic workflow rules and process in Microsoft CRM.
- Develop a custom plug-in application to Microsoft CRM including an auto-SMS notification application which notifies Salesmen by text of new business leads. (more on this at my blog site: http://crm3.blogspot.com/)
- Internet Marketing Campaigns
- Ran internet marketing campaigns for the Chelford Group companies.
- Data extraction and manipulation from the Microsoft CRM database based on key criteria.
- Website landing pad creation.
- Email blasting using PureStone tools and then email tracking.
- Google Adwords Campaigns
- Became Certified in Microsoft CRM and Sitecore CMS
SSI (Strategic Systems International) : 1999 - 2005
What do SSI do? SSI is a subsidiary of the Chelford Group which develops, implements and supports integrated manufacturing supply chain systems that help companies meet their customer's requirements better, faster and cheaper. SSI is the UK based author of TROPOS, one of the most widely used ERP systems in its key market sectors - food & drink, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, mills , metals and volume manufacturing.
Experience at SSI
- Web Application and interface development
- Designed the web user interfaces for our TROPOS ERP system product suite, developed intranet functionality.
- a comprehensive role-based intranet content management system,
- a project planning application, ERP applications for the manufacturing industry
- and mini-apps to assist with CRM and company processes.
- Produced new training course materials to support the new ERP system
- Ran training courses for internal staff and customers.
- Provided support to customers and teams implementing the new ERP system
- Implemented new ERP system in-house as new intranet
- Became webmaster and re-designed www.ssi-world.com and www.chelfordsolutions.com
- Responsible for managing, producing and distributing company product documentation in Word, PDF and HTML formats
- Developed and designed second intranet – a content management system in ASP
- Became webmaster of www.chelfordgroup.com
- Became assistant to the internal Quality Auditor.
- Built first company intranet using Frontpage and Notepad
- Aided in production of the product help system written in WinHelp and HTML
- Joined as Technical Author for all Product documentation
TRL (Transport Research Laboratory): 1995 - 1999
What do TRL do? TRL provides independent and impartial world class research, consultancy, advice and testing for all aspects of transport.
Experience at TRL
- Developed the SCOOT Traffic Control Website www.scoot-utc.com in 1998 and then subsequently maintained it through 1998/1999.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of all Urban Traffic Control product documentation in both Word and PDF.
- Project Manager for the SCOOT Traffic Management course.
- Line Manager to 1 member of staff.
- Responsible Traffic Data collection and analysis.
- Developed and maintained the SCOOT product maintenance database for Customer fault reporting and fixing.
- Project Bidding: Was responsible for preparing tender documentation for potential future work.
- Secretary to the SCOOT Steering Committee: Coordinated and organized meetings for committee members from the Dept of Transport, Siemens, Peek Traffic Control and TRL.